More about enterprise search platforms and technology
View the accompanying webcast about getting started with enterprise search
Read about how the enterprise search engine business case relies on more than just numbers
Learn why starting an effective enterprise search strategy takes more than flipping a switch
Find out how unified information access improves nonprofit's public-facing search results
Enterprise search tools can make it easier for business users throughout an organization to find important information -- if they're designed properly. This podcast, intended for IT and content managers at organizations that are considering enterprise search projects, describes how to build a business case for an enterprise search platform. Scott Liewehr, founder and principal analyst at Digital Clarity Group, explains the value proposition behind a well-executed enterprise search initiative. He also details the best ways to get executive support and ensure such efforts are managed for ongoing success.
Listeners will learn:
- The first steps to take to show business leaders the real value that enterprise search has to offer and convince them it's time to implement a search program;
- Key questions that project managers and business stakeholders within an organization should ask of themselves when developing a formal enterprise search technology business strategy;
- The change management aspect of putting an enterprise search program in place;
- Liewehr's take on how to build an enterprise search team and who should be in charge of shepherding the project;
- How enterprise search technology can be used to support; and
- Best practices on how to develop an enterprise search technology review process to ensure adoption and implementation success.