Evaluating virtual tape library (VTL) products, comparing storage area networks (SAN) and network attached storage...
(NAS), data retention, cable management and storage resource management (SRM) are issues that are our readers are sweating these days. Check out the top storage management tips of the first half of the year and then go throw a frisbee around or something. It's summertime, get out there and enjoy it.
- Three steps for evaluating a VTL product
This tip offers three helpful steps for evaluating a VTL and a template that can be used for comparison evaluations. Also, learn how and where VTLs can be used as part of an effective data protection strategy.
- SAN vs. NAS: Which do you need?
This tip will enable you to make a more informed decision on whether a NAS or SAN environment is best for the applications you need to deploy.
- Cable management best practices
This tip can help you maximize uptime by limiting bandwidth, distance, latency and congestion issues in your cable plant.
- SRM packages: A closer look
SRM is central to storage administration in the modern enterprise. But like a lot of terms, SRM tends to conceal as much as it reveals. There are many SRM products available, with at least as many different combinations of features. This tip offers guidelines on finding the right product for your needs.
- Thirteen data retention mistakes to avoid
Information security expert Kevin Beaver outlines 13 data retention mistakes storage administrators frequently make, and what you can do to avoid them.
- Hack your storage to test your security
Information security expert Kevin Beaver discusses security tests you can perform and tools you can use to ethically hack your storage systems and uncover vulnerabilities you might not have discovered otherwise.
- Out of capacity: What now? This tip discusses how to avoid running out of storage capacity by evaluating your options, investigating reallocation and knowing where to turn if you can't solve the problem yourself.
For more information :
Check out all of our Storage management tips.