AIIM: Information managers must evolve with the mobile eraDate: Apr 09, 2012
Capturing the interest of increasingly mobile workers and customers requires the effective use of new enterprise collaboration tools and technologies.
Indeed, customer and employee engagement are vital for enterprises and evolving the role of the information manager, according to John Mancini, president of AIIM (Association of Information and Image Management), who opened the AIIM Conference 2012 in San Francisco last month with a keynote entitled I'm Sitting in My Starbucks Office with My PC, My Android Tablet, and My iPhone. Now What?
Mancini said organizations that can harness enterprise information management tools by empowering truly engaged users can improve their bottom line. Mancini opened the two-and-a-half day conference, the first AIIM has hosted in 10 years, by telling the 670 attendees that involving partners and employees deeply in the social collaborative processes needs to be a strategic enterprise priority. The conference featured seminars surrounding the theme of information management and enterprise content management.
In this second part of a video interview with SearchContentManagement.com at AIIM 2012, Mancini discussed the development of new information technologies, how social media in the enterprise will work and what organizations need to do to compete in a fast-evolving mobile business environment.
Viewers of the four-and-a-half-minute video will learn:
- How organizations can make business gains by engaging employees, partners and customers on both sides of the corporate firewall.
- How the position of information professional is evolving and what that means for enterprises.
- The key issues in developing new management processes that are shared between departments and business objectives.
- Why it’s important for companies to think about a broader definition of information management and how it can bring more value to the business.
- What the significance of AIIM’s certified information professional program is and how it
informs the future of the organization.
Learn more about enterprise information management and social media strategies
Watch the first segment of this two-part interview with John Mancini on information management
Find out why usability and security need to be balanced for mobile content management
Find out about the 10 steps to a practical social media business strategy
Read about the keys to creating an effective enterprise information management program