This article is part of an Essential Guide, our editor-selected collection of our best articles, videos and other content on this topic. Explore more in this guide:
1. - ARMA Live 2013 conference : Read more in this section
- A proactive approach to information governance
- Centralized approach to records management
- Tips for information governance
- Avoid paper-based problems with electronic data management
- Cloud, mobility shake up records managment and information governance
- Privacy issues divide record managers at ARMA Live 2013
- Increase benefits with social business
Explore other sections in this guide:
Records management trends: Cloud, mobility bring new disruptionsDate: Oct 30, 2013
Cloud computing and mobility trends have major implications for records management and information governance.
For more on records management
How paper-based documents pose challenges
Records management paralysis can be cured
Take a broad view with records management
Overcoming challenges of records management
Understanding where your data resides, whether it is sufficiently secure for your company's requirements and being able to get your data out of the cloud are major issues for records managers.
"You have to look at the details of the contract: where the data is being stored, how is it being managed, who owns that data and how can we migrate from that system to another system?" said Steve Goodfellow, president of Access Systems Consulting in Manlius, N.Y., and a speaker at ARMA Live 2013.
SearchContentManagement sat down with Goodfellow to talk about records management trends and the disruptive effects of cloud computing and mobility.