BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
Microsoft made tremendous changes in the latest releases of SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online. Developers were...
faced with a completely new set of features as part of the software development kit, with more advanced functionality and client-side development capabilities than before.
Companies looking to fill a SharePoint development job need to ensure candidates understand all of the new features and changes to keep the company's content management strategy up to date. Here are three important SharePoint developer interview questions:
- How would you handle developing forms in SharePoint Online and on premises now that Microsoft stopped the development of InfoPath?
As one of the SharePoint developer interview questions, this question can help identify whether or not the developer keeps up with Microsoft's product roadmap. If they don't mention the use of Microsoft PowerApps and talk about their experience with the platform, they may not be up to speed on the SharePoint platform changes.
- What are some of the differences between SharePoint Online and SharePoint on premises?
A SharePoint developer should know the difference between SharePoint Online and on-premises implementations of SharePoint. Their ability to speak to some of the limitations, such as security concerns in the Online version, or the infrastructure and patching requirements of the on-premises implementation, can reveal some of the developer's experience with the platforms.
- What does CSOM do, and what are some of its limitations?
Get yourself prepared for your next Job interview by adding DevOps skills to your Sharepoint experience.
- Sample DevOps interview questions and answers (PDF)
- Tough Jenkins CI interview questions and answers (PDF)
- Learn basic Jenkins skills with these examples and tutorials
- Master version control with Git and GitHub
- Keep tabs on continuous code quality with SonarQube
- Properly manage and maintain code with Artifactory and Nexus
- Develop RESTful microservices in Java with Eclipse and Spring Boot
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.