Shutterstock today rolled out SmartBrief technology and new updates to its visual content creation platform Shutterstock Custom. SmartBrief is aimed at reducing brief drafting time for users, while other updates offer pre- and post-production services to customers.
Shutterstock Custom, formerly Flashstock Technology, is a service that creates briefs and produces custom visuals such as photos, videos, GIFs and cinemagraphs for companies' marketing campaigns. The platform also provides editing tools for companies to customize the photos and videos.
The new SmartBrief technology is aimed at helping users spend less time inputting briefs and more time using the platform's collaboration tools to customize their content, the company said.
SmartBrief technology offers the following features:
- Intelligence: Asks users only relevant questions to eliminate conflicting and unnecessary information.
- Collaboration: Enables users to clone briefs, view or go back to previous versions, accept changes and suggestions from team members.
- Flexibility: Lets companies adjust control, production value and service level based on each project's needs.
Shutterstock Custom also expanded its offering to include pre- and post-production services to meet the demands of marketing campaigns on social media. The new features enable users to:
- generate assets that would increase engagement and purchases on e-commerce marketplaces;
- turn images or videos into formats that are shareable across platforms; and
- receive quick individualized brief concepts tailored to each brand.
Pricing for the Shutterstock content creation platform varies according to a company's needs in terms of deliverables, on-site support, equipment, file type, turnaround time and location.
Shutterstock competitors include Adobe and Getty Images. Adobe Spark aims to enable users without design expertise to create their own social graphics, webpages and short videos quickly; the tool is available both on the web and on mobile. Getty Images provides custom content and collaboration tools through enterprise plans for businesses of different sizes, according to the company.